exterior of the david whitney buildig
the atrium skylight of the david whitney building the historic clock in the atrium the atrium/lobby the upper floors of the atrium one of the hotel suite the wxyz bar

Whitney Partners, LLC a venture of Roxbury Group and Trans Inns Management, redeveloped Detroit’s famed David Whitney Building. Designed by renowned firm of D.H Burnham & Company and completed in 1915, the David Whitney Building originally housed offices and shops and stood for nearly a century as the elegant “David” gateway buildings to Detroit’s downtown. Closed in 1999 and vacant until its acquisition by Whitney Partners, the David Whitney was reborn in 2014 as a $94 million mixed-use project including a 136 room Aloft Hotel by Starwood, 105 residential apartments, 11,000 square feet of meeting and ballroom space and first floor retail. In undertaking this complex redevelopment, the Whitney Partners team employed federal and state historic tax credits, as well as New Market Tax Credits.

Visit the David Whitney Building Website